Saltar al contenido
- There are 41 million native Spanish speakers in the US.
- There are 790,000 students enrolled at US universities learning Spanish.
- In 2050 the US will become the largest Spanish speaking country in the world.
- A majority, 60%, of second-generation Hispanic Americans speak Spanish at home.
- Hispanics have a purchase power of 1.7 trillion.
- California’s first constitution was written in Spanish then translated into English. Not anymore, though.
- Nuevo Mexico still publishes its State laws in both Spanish and English. Today, ironically, 26.9% Californians and 26.2% New Mexicans speak Spanish.
- Spanish was the first European language spoken in the modern US territory in 1565.
- Population speaking Spanish in New York is 14.1% and 12.4% in Illinois.
- Today 29.1%Texans and 19% Floridians speak Spanish.
- From 1920 to 1930 one million Mexicans migrated into the US.
- 49.4% of students of foreing languages in US universities study Spanish. French is second with 12.7% of students.
Comparison check point: 20.6% of Canadians (7 million) speak French, while all national businesses have bilingual websites and social media channels.
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: